Thursday, June 21, 2012

What I Found

Amongst my many enthusiasms is photography. As mentioned in a previous post, I lost much of  my exuberance for a period of time and a variety of reasons. The main reason - lack of time to focus on my creativity, led to the other reason - flat out depression. Now, I'm not a Dr., but I've been depressed in the past... and I'm pretty sure I recognize the sucky symptoms. Thankfully, I've moved past that and am in a creative place again.
Lomo-fi Filter

Did I mention that I like photography? I've never considered myself an actual photographer for a couple of reasons. Number One: I've always been surrounded by other creatives... and one of them was usually "the Photographer."  I, of course, was "the Writer." That didn't stop me from taking pictures though. I have a pretty good eye and can frame a shot. I also have the ability to recognize amazing lighting when I see it.  Other than that, I'll admit, I don't know a whole lot of the technical aspect of the art. The truth is, the only time I ever thought I might be a photographer was when I had some garden shots published in a couple of gardening magazines along with my articles. The other reason (which for the sake of structure we will call Number Two) that I've never considered myself a photographer, is that I've never owned a really good quality camera. When I needed to shoot stuff for a magazine I simply borrowed the Nikon of my generous "photographer" friend.

1977 Filter
As mentioned, I'm in a creative place again and am thrilled to have discovered the Instagram app practically by mistake. My sweetheart asked me about Instagram a while back. (Sadly, I'm the techie one in the relationship.) Some of our colleagues were sending him Instagrams from across the globe. I didn't know too much about it so I did a little research and realized that there is an app for the Android phone,  not just the iPhone. So download it I did, and I've been having a ton of fun with it every since.

 I love the different filters, borders and the versatility of shots that I can take, and while I realize that "actual photographers" may frown on it, I don't give poop! It has honestly renewed my interest in taking pictures, and as an exuberant foodie, I am jacked about how my food pics turn out, as in "happy, happy, joy, joy." My Facebook friends seem to appreciate them and so do the other folks that I sometimes force to look at them. I even have a follower! I wasn't expecting a follower, but hey, it adds to the fun.
Hefe Filter
Lomo-fi Filter

No comments:

Post a Comment